12 WEEKS TO GO FROM CONFUSION TO CLARITY WITH PCOS.
Figure out your root causes, understand what to eat and how, learn everything you need to know about how to manage your PCOS well, and get back to living a vibrant life!
WHAT IS FUNCTIONAL PCOS?
Functional PCOS is a nutrition course that focuses on root causes of PCOS.
I'll teach you all about PCOS- what we know about why it happens, what it's doing to your body and hormones, and how to improve your health through food.
Here's some of what we'll talk about:
- How to reduce facial hair
- How many carbs to eat
- The best supplements for PCOS
- How gut health relates to PCOS
- And lots more!
You'll learn about big topics and how they connect to PCOS like:
- Insulin Resistance
- Adrenal Health
- Gut Health
- Estrogen Dominance
WHY I CREATED FUNCTIONAL PCOS
I was once in your shoes- diagnosed with a confusing condition called PCOS, given little to no information of substance and overwhelmed with questions about what my future would look like.
I developed a love for nutrition through that process and a respect for integrative and functional approaches to health.
I decided to dedicate myself to helping those with PCOS take back some of their power and control.
I created this course for YOU. For the person who has an instagram feed full of PCOS influencers and doesn't know what to do with all that conflicting information. For the person struggling to find a solid direction that feels reasonable and doable for the long term.
I hope this course brings you the answers you seek and the comfort of knowing that you are valuable, important, and never a lost cause.
You can take back your power from PCOS and I can't wait to watch you do it!
- 12 video modules covering everything from where PCOS comes from to the types to the gut health/hormone connection and more
- 12 weeks of meal plans, grocery lists, activities and journal prompts
- Detailed downloadable resource sheets on supplements for PCOS, labs for PCOS, weight loss, weight maintenance, fiber, meal planning, sleep, stress reduction and lots more!
- A private group chat via the Geneva app with access to Amber's team of health coaches to answer your course questions
- Guidance on how to improve adrenal health and stress reduction
- A quiz to help give you an idea of your potential PCOS type combo- are you inflammation, insulin resistance, adrenal or some combination?
- Detailed modules on supplements and helpful labs for PCOS so you can feel confident advocating for yourself with your healthcare providers
- Master's Degree in Integrative and Functional Nutrition
- Certified Nutrition Specialist (through the BCNS)
- Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist
- Member of the Institute for Functional Medicine
- Member of the American Nutrition Association
- Institute for Functional Medicine Certified Practitioner (in process)
- Private Practice in functional nutrition, specializing in hormone health, PCOS, fertility, and autoimmunity since 2015
- Podcast host of An Amber A Day: The Functional Nutrition Podcast since 2018
Functional PCOS is right for you if:
- You'd like a more nuanced view of PCOS: you're tired of just being told to lose weight or come back "when you want to get pregnant"
- You want to learn about the workings of PCOS, not just be told what to do
- You're self motivated and ready to make major changes in your lifestyle
- You have been struggling to find a deeper understanding of your unique PCOS- typical diet strategies like keto or low carb just aren't working for you
- You are ready to give nutrition your best shot because you know it plays a big role in health
- You are over 18 years old and in any stage of life, even post-menopause
"The amount of detail was incredible!"
The amount of detail and explanation provided for all modules- especially the supplements section was incredible! I feel like I have a much better understanding of what works and why, and which ones would be the most beneficial for my own situation. The resources are also very thoughtfully prepared and easy to understand. I think this course is actually very helpful for folks just diagnosed and navigating but also for those of us that have spent a lifetime frustrated and defeated by our bodies. I'm actually excited to make the changes and approach from a place of love instead of punishment"
"...has the potential to truly change someone's life."
I have really appreciated the course... and feel that this is one of the things women need access to. It has the potential to truly change someone's life!
"...you can tell that this is something Amber is passionate about..."
This is really a great program and you can tell that this is something Amber is passionate about. I never felt like I was being sold to, or that this was snake oil which is something that unfortunately invades these kind of spaces. I would highly recommend this course."
"I've learned so much about my type..."
I’ve learned so much about my type, it was very helpful to have the quiz because it was easy for me to see myself in all types and that helped me hone in on my potential areas of improvement.
"Learning about the multiple things that are interconnected has been eye opening."
Learning about the multiple things that are interconnected has been eye opening. I always thought that my PCOS was only about insulin resistance my family history with Diabetes, but it's been helpful to learn that some of my other health issues are related so I can speak with my doctor about them.
"...comprehensive and digestible..."
This course is comprehensive and laid out in a way that's digestible for people. I think if you're newly diagnosed, or also have been living with it for a long time there's valuable information and it's presented in a way that makes sense.
CURRICULUM SNEAK PEAK
JOIN THE NEXT GROUP!
A few times a year, I run Functional PCOS as a group program with Hannah of The Conscious Nutritionist. We take the same content but add in lots of extras, weekly live meetings and lectures, one on one sessions, and guest appearances.
Not sure Functional PCOS is right for you?
Here are some reasons you might not be the right student for Functional PCOS:
• You have a history of eating disorders
•You are vegan or vegetarian
•You are currently pregnant or breastfeeding
•You are looking for a quick fix or a simple solution
• You are only interested in losing weight. While this course is not weight focused, you will likely drop some body fat if you have body fat to lose.